Anticipate, identify, evaluate, and make recommendations that eliminate or control occupational and environmental exposures to chemical, physical, and biological health hazards.
Scope of Practice
• Ensure regulatory compliance with applicable Federal, state, and local laws and DA regulations pertaining to occupational health
• Accurately identify, characterize, and assess potential workplace health hazards.
• Recommend appropriate engineering and administrative controls and/or personal protective equipment (PPE) to prevent occupational related illnesses, injuries, or deaths to Soldiers and civilian workers.
• Recommend personnel for exposure-based medical surveillance.
• Integrate established IH principles, concepts, and functions in support of related programs, such as safety, DA PAM 40–503, occupational medicine, biosurety, chemical surety, hearing, vision conservation and readiness, respiratory protection, indoor air quality, asbestos control, lead abatement, and environmental compliance.
Programs and Services
• Provide hazard awareness training
• Support to occupational health medical surveillance programs
• Support public health/environmental compliance programs
• Serve as Consultants on confined space entry and selection of respiratory protection
• Determine overall risk assessment for potential and residual exposures to health hazards
• Assist installation assets with evaluations of engineering controls
• Conduct design reviews of new construction and renovation projects
• Assist on reasonable accommodations, and employee return to work initiatives
• Monitor, report on OSHA compliance Hazard Communication and PPE Requirements
• Provide additional review on industrial chemical products requests for use on Fort Liberty
Request Consultation Services
• Indoor Environmental Quality Surveys
• Equal Employment Opportunity Reasonable Accommodations Requests
• Federal Employees' Compensation Act/Workers Compensation Case
• Command Emphasis
• Directorate of Public Works Environmental Lead and Asbestos Hazard Control Program
• Design, Product, and Chemical Reviews
• General Ergonomic Awareness Training and Assessment
Call 910-643-2447 for guidance on how to request specific services.
The Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE)
Leave us your feedback here