Children with special needs who require medical management above and beyond the care provided by their primary care manager can be referred for evaluation by one of Womack Army Medical Center's Developmental Pediatricians. Specializing in complex developmental and medical disorders, the Developmental Pediatricians work closely with the child, family, primary physician, early intervention and school personnel to provide comprehensive health.
- Diagnostic services
- Review of prior medical and psychological evaluations
- Review of school records
- Review of IFSP or IEP (early intervention or school evaluation and service delivery plan)
Conditions Often Identified or Treated by a Developmental Pediatrician
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy and other neuromuscular disabilities
- Developmental Delay
- Attention Deficit Disorder
- Genetic/Chromosomal Anomalies
- Sensory deficits
Referrals for Developmental Pediatric services must be obtained through your Primary Care Manager.