Pediatric Evaluation and Treatment Team (PETT)
PETT specializes in evaluation and treatment of high risk preterm infants and children (birth – 36 months) with complex medical and developmental conditions and work closely with the child's medical team to provide the highest quality, best clinical practices in early intervention services. All services are provided at Womack Army Medical Center and take place in our outpatient clinic on the 5th floor of the hospital or in the NICU, MBU or pediatric wards for inpatients.
The PETT Team Staff
- Pediatric Physical Therapist
- Pediatric Occupational Therapist
- Early Intervention Therapist and Program Manager
- Pediatric Audiologist (birth to age 18 years)
- Pediatric Dietitian
- Individual appointments with therapists and clinicians.
- Modified Barium Swallow Studies: Completed by Pediatric Occupational Therapist in conjunction with Radiology for patients up to 18 years old. Must be ordered by your primary care physician.
- Neonatal Developmental Follow-up Clinic:
- 48 hour post discharge team evaluation for high risk infants (with neonatologist, dietitian and early intervention specialist).
- Developmental Follow-up Clinic: Infants born at 34 weeks or less and other high risk infants based on physician’s referral (frequency based on child and family needs). Available for infants born at Womack or other medical facilities.
- Pediatric Feeding Evaluation Clinic: Evaluation and treatment (as available) for variety of pediatric feeding difficulties secondary to medical, developmental and behavioral issues.