Armed Forces Wellness Center
Armed Forces Wellness Centers seek to empower healthy behavior change through standardized evidenced-based health education, health coaching, and advanced testing technology.
Service Members, Family Members, Retirees, Department of Defense Civilians
Scope Of Practice
• Conduct health-related assessments
• Create programs to support clients’ health-related goals, behaviors, self-efficacy, readiness to change, and health risk factors.
• Supports health and performance improvement through interventions to achieve healthy body mass, improve physical fitness test score, avoid weight gain during injury or profile.
• Uses collaborative approach with the Holistic Health and Fitness Programs (H2F)
• Supports Soldiers enrolled in Army Body Composition Program
by providing exercise and nutrition program
Programs and Services Offered
• Health assessment review - An analysis of a person's health status, risk for disease, and ability to increase physical activity safely.
• Physical fitness - Using state-of-the-art equipment, physical fitness level is assessed and used to create an individualized exercise prescription.
• Healthy nutrition - Test resting metabolic rate to provide tailored strategies for weight loss, gain or maintenance.
• Stress management - Education in biofeedback, stress relief techniques, and positive coping skills.
• General wellness education - Classes on topics such as healthy lifestyles, good sleep habits, increased resiliency, preventing chronic disease through healthy living habits, and self-care.
• Tobacco education - An assessment of an individual's readiness to change with a discussion of possible options for becoming tobacco-free.
Please contact AFWC for appointment preparation requirements.
Make an Appointment
• Referral by a healthcare provider (required for dependents under the age of 18)
• Referral by your unit
• Self-referral – call or come in to schedule an appointment and gather any special instructions.
The Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE)
Leave us your feedback here