The primary mission of the Womack Physical Therapy Department is to provide excellent quality physical therapy care to the beneficiaries of Womack Army Medical Center. Striving to be the leader in Army physical therapy care requires one team between our patients and staff, delivering quality care in a distinctively compassionate manner.
To be the leaders of physical therapy services in the military healthcare system.
We will be a team where patients, therapists and staff have a unified goal to maximize patient health, function, and morale.
We will deliver quality care through optimal access to care allowing patients to receive current evidence based practice in the treatment of musculoskeletal dysfunctions by our highly trained medical professionals.
We will provide distinctively compassionate care to our clients in order to optimize the rehabilitation of each individual. Being a leader in healthcare first begins with listening to our client’s story and understanding their needs.
Appointments are made through referral only from your Primary Care Manager (PCM) or outside provider. Please wait 24 hours after seeing your provider before you call the clinic to schedule an appointment.
All patients must have a Department of Defense ID card to receive care.
Please familiarize yourself with our policies and guidelines to help you prepare for your physical therapy appointment.
- Evaluation and treatment of neuromusculoskeletal injuries and dysfunctions for outpatients
- Evaluation and treatment of functional disability for acute care inpatients
- Post-operative rehabilitation for musculoskeletal conditions
- Pelvic floor rehabilitation
- Instruction in the use of ambulatory aids including, but not limited to, canes, walkers, and crutches (direct referral from provider or determined by therapist evaluation)
- Group exercise classes to include (determined by therapist evaluation)
- Lumbar (low back)
- Knee rehabilitation
- SPARTA (Soldier Performance and Training Agoge) Program
Please complete the Patient Intake Form prior to your first physical therapy appointment.
The following forms are designed to give your therapist information as to how pain has affected your ability to manage in everyday life.
Please complete the appropriate form prior to your physical therapy appointment.
Services Not Offered
- Intensive long-term outpatient rehabilitation for polytrauma (*network providers)
- Neurological disorders such as traumatic brain injury/closed head trauma, stroke, etc. (*Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic)
- Long-term inpatient rehabilitation (*network providers)
- Neurodevelopmental evaluation and treatment for pediatric patients (*Pediatric Clinic)
- Inpatient or outpatient cardiac rehabilitation (*network providers)
- Vestibular rehabilitation (*Traumatic Brain Injury Clinic)
- Chronic pain rehabilitation(*Integrated Pain Management Clinic)
Physical therapy services are provided, in full or in part, by other listed Womack departments for certain categories of patients or network providers; please contact those departments or the Womack Referral Management office for details.