Primary care is used to treat adults and children, including infants and newborns. It is a health service you get from a primary care provider or primary care manager (PCM) during a doctor’s visit. Primary care also includes medically necessary diagnostic laboratory and X-ray procedures and tests.
- Routine care, like an annual physical exam
- Medical treatment for nonemergency or nonurgent care
- Follow-up care if you have ongoing medical problems
- Preventive health care, like immunizations and allergy shots
- Family planning
- Patient education and counseling
- Population Health