The Gynecologic Oncology Service of Womack Army Medical Center provides comprehensive, cutting-edge care for women with gynecologic cancers or other complex pelvic pathology. Our patients are supported by highly trained physicians and ancillary staff in all aspects of care – from first diagnosis to follow up care. We employ state of the art minimally invasive surgical techniques when possible including the Da Vinci® Surgical System platforms. This results in precise surgery and often shorter hospital stays and recovery time. Innovations in other surgical techniques make fertility preservation an option for some patients with a cancer diagnosis.
In addition to surgery, we ensure our patients are offered the most up-to-date and evidence-based cancer treatments. Our affiliation with the Gynecologic Oncology Group and affiliate regional hospitals and other military treatment facilities allow us to provide a variety of clinical research opportunities for our patients.
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal pap smears
- Treatment of pelvic masses
- Treatment of all gynecologic cancers including gestational trophoblastic neoplasia (GTN), ovarian,
fallopian tube, endometrial, primary peritoneal, cervical, vulvar, and vaginal
- Genetic counseling and prophylactic surgery
- Advanced Laparoscopic and Da Vinci® (robot-assisted) surgery
- Second opinions
- Chemotherapy and referral for Radiation Oncology, if indicated
- Referrals for clinical trial
Once you have your referral, please contact our administrator/scheduler.