Army Public Health Nursing
Army Public Health Nursing enables Total Force readiness through promoting population-focused health, mitigating disease and injury, assuring Force Health Protection, informing policy, and responding to emerging health threats.
Army Public Health Nursing serves Active Duty Service Members, Eligible Family Members, Retirees, Department of Defense Civilians
Scope of Practice
• Provides awareness services to inform the community of identified risks, lifestyle control factors, and related illnesses.
• Provides education to facilitate modification of lifestyle behaviors associated with increased risks.
• Utilizes targeted surveillance and screening to identify individuals at risk.
• Conducts epidemiological investigations, clinical services, education, counseling, and surveillance for reportable medical events as per local, federal, and state mandates.
• Assists in training the individuals who conduct contact investigations, education, and counseling.
• Provides health consultation and health & safety assurance services to installation childcare facilities and DoDEA schools.
Programs and Services
• Child, Youth, and School Health Consultation services
• Rabies & Animal Bite Program
• Communicable Disease and Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) surveillance, counseling, education, case management and reporting
• Childhood Lead Exposure Prevention Program
• Latent Tuberculosis Infection Program
• Fort Liberty Seasonal Influenza Vaccination Campaign
• Emerging Disease Threat surveillance & response
• COVID-19 surveillance and reporting
• Fort Liberty Community Health Assessment
• Overseas Contingency Operations and Deployment Medical Threat Briefs
• Health Promotion and Community Outreach events and activities
• Force Health Protection support
• Tobacco cessation education and resources
Make an Appointment
• Referral from your healthcare provider
• Referral from your unit
• Self-referral, call 907-9355 to speak with a public health nurse
The Interactive Customer Evaluation (ICE)
Leave us your feedback here