To provide the highest quality of health care with the priority of around-the-clock inpatient and intensive care hospital coverage, in addition to supporting clinical operations missioned for medical readiness of deployable forces, and building education and training programs within our service.
Currently available on referral or consultation basis for patients ages 18 years and older.
Internal Medicine Consultation
Inpatient and Outpatient consultation and referral services for complex medical conditions.
Chronic Disease Management Clinic
- Outpatient consultation and referral services (including diabetes self-referral) for Active Duty, Retiree, and Beneficiaries with complex chronic medical conditions based on an interdisciplinary approach to achieve patient’s own health goals. Offering both individual and group appointments.
- Currently focusing on diabetic patients with poorly controlled diabetes mellitus defined by having a hemoglobin A1c 8.0 or higher.
- Diabetic Educator: Diabetes education for special populations, e.g. referred active duty, pregnant and pediatric patients on basal-bolus insulin therapies.
- Routine diabetes education is provided by the Nutrition Care Division.
Infusion Therapy Clinic
Outpatient infusion services for administration of various medications, antibiotics, and blood products.
Anticoagulation (Coumadin) Clinic
Outpatient management of anticoagulation using warfarin only for referred active duty and TRICARE Prime category patients.
Sub-specialty Clinics within Internal Medicine
Outpatient evaluation and management of patients with joint and tissue diseases, including connective tissue diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and lupus.
Outpatient evaluation and management of patients with acute and chronic kidney diseases; Inpatient consultation for management of kidney diseases of hospitalized critically ill patients.
Outpatient evaluation and management of patients with endocrine diseases including diabetes mellitus type I, thyroid disorders, and other hormonal disorders
Referral to the Internal Medicine Services must be through the patient’s Primary Care Manager and activated through specialty referrals.
Questions regarding referral services may directed to referral management.
We also provide around-the-clock inpatient services to hospitalized patients admitted for various acute medical reasons.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I leave a phone message for a provider?
Please call the Internal Medicine Clinic and leave a message with name, call-back number and time/date of desired return call. Someone else, other than provider you’ve seen, may return the phone call to address the patient’s message. It may take up to three business days for the provider to return the call. For urgent messages, please state it in your message.
How do I prepare for an appointment?
- We recommend that you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time.
- Please bring all your medication or your medication list including dose and frequency of use.
- Please bring any document needing to be completed or reviewed to help answer your question.
- Please prepare to tell us about your health goals.
- Please feel free to print out and complete the Patient Pre-Appointment Questionnaire and bring it to your appointment.
Does the Internal Medicine Clinic provide Primary Care services?
Currently we are unable to provide primary care services due to our commitment to around-the-clock hospital medical coverage. We also do not refer out for internal medicine services currently. However we are planning to provide primary care in the Internal Medicine Clinic in the future. More information will be posted once available.
Questions regarding network Internal Medicine referral services may be directed to Referral Management.
We appreciate your feedback.
Please let us know how we are doing by completing the Joint Outpatient Experience Survey (JOES) either emailed or mailed after your appointment, or Interactive Customer Evaluation available online and on the 1st floor, Clinic Mall.
Your positive feedback helps us gain resources to improve our services and better care for patients.